Who we are
MollyBet is a trading name of Totus Limited, a company incorporated and regulated in Isle of Man under company number 130347C with our registered office at 1st Floor, Cumbrae House, Market Street, Douglas, IM1 2PQ, Isle of Man.
We, Totus Limited (‘MollyBet’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and/or ‘our’), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our General Terms) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you submit to us, including information submitted via our Website and via the use of the Services we provide. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem and we may record any telephone calls with you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact and any related correspondence (including emails).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through the use of our Services.
- Details of your visits to our Website and/or the use of our Services (including, but not limited to, usage history, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
How we process your personal data
In accordance with data protection legislation, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. In respect of your personal data, these bases are where it is necessary to provide services to you under the performance of the contract we have with you; where we are required to do so in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations; where you have given your consent; and where it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data provided that these do not prejudice your own rights, freedoms and interests.
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you with our Website and/or our Services in order to allow you to receive services, deposit money and make bets (necessary for the performance of a contract).
- To verify your identify when you register with our Website / Services (necessary for the performance of a contract and necessary for a legal obligation).
- To provide services to you (necessary for the performance of a contract).
- To communicate with your following any queries you raise with us (consent).
- To record calls and retain communications for training purposes so that we can continue to improve our communications and customer service (legitimate interest).
- To investigate and identify any suspected fraudulent or illegal activity, including money laundering, fraud and the use of proceeds of crime, and disclosing such information to the relevant authorities (necessary to comply with a legal obligation).
- To investigate and identify any integrity issues, such as match-fixing, and disclosing such information to relevant governing bodies (necessary to comply with a legal obligation).
- To identify any concerns in relation to your gambling in accordance with our responsible gambling and social responsibility obligations and to help protect you (necessary to comply with a legal obligation).
- To monitor your use of our Website and Platform in order for us to improve our service and the Website and Platform (legitimate interests).
- To profile you for the purposes of direct marketing, both in relation to you and also in relation to customers generally, so that we can send out more appropriate marketing (legitimate interests).
- To send you direct marketing communications [except where you have opted out of such direct marketing].
IP addresses and cookies
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- If we have your consent to share the information. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Totus Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, governmental or regulatory authorities or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Totus Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, account verification and credit risk reduction.
Storage and security
In order to provide the information or services you have requested from us, we may transfer or store your personally identifiable information on computer equipment or in offices that are located across countries or jurisdictions, and may be managed and processed by our company internally as we please, and you are deemed to consent to the same.
We capture your personal data over a secure link using recognised industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology which encrypts the data whilst passing it over the internet. This will be indicated on most browsers by a lock in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Firewalls are also used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
To ensure a good quality of service we may monitor and record any communication you have with us whether in writing, by phone or by electronic mail. E-mail is not encrypted to / from our Website. We recommend that with the exception of your name and username, you do not send us personal data by email. Any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
We use session cookies for the following purposes:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
We use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- To help us recognize you as a unique visitor when you return to our website
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how people use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
- To internally identify you by account name, name, email address, customer ID, currency and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address).
Disable/ Enabling Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
If you choose to disable cookies after you have already accessed the Website then we recommend that you delete any persistent cookies stored on your computer’s hard-drive. This can usually be managed via your browser settings.
For more information about cookies, including how to enable/disable them see here. You can also learn more about third party cookies and how to disable them generally here (not just in respect of our Service).
Updating your information
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate in order for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and also to provide you with the best possible service. We therefore request that you ensure your personal data is up to data at all times. You may update your personal data at any time on the Website.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right to access your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive certain personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing where lawful basis is that it is in our legitimate interests, but please note that we may still process your personal data where there are other relevant lawful bases or where we have compelling grounds to continue processing your personal data in our interests which are not overridden by your rights, interests or freedoms;
- a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- a right to have certain personal data erased where it is no longer necessary for us to process it, where you have withdrawn your consent, where you have objected (subject to the above), where your personal data has been unlawfully processed, or where erasing your personal data is required in accordance with a legal obligation;
- a right to request an explanation of the logic involved where we make decisions about you solely through automated means;
- a right to complain to your national data protection regulator;
- where we have specifically requested your consent to process your personal data and have no other lawful conditions to rely on you have the right to withdraw this consent; and
- a right to object to direct marketing, which can be done by opting-out of direct marketing either through your account or by opting out via the communication itself. You also have a right to object to any profiling to the extent that it relates to direct marketing only.
If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed you should contact your national data protection regulator.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights then you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that whilst we will try to accommodate any request you make in respect of your rights they are not absolute rights. This means that we may have to refuse your request or may only be able to comply with it in part.
Where you make a request in respect of your rights we will require proof of identification. We may also ask that you clarify your request. If we receive repeated requests or have reason to believe requests are being made unreasonably we reserve the right not to respond.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to provide you with Services. Accordingly, once you close your account with us we will commence the process of deleting your personal data. We expect that your personal data will be removed within six months of you closing your account save for personal data that where we are required to hold pursuant to statutory or regulatory obligations (including Social Responsibility), or where need for legal claims.
We may contact you in relation to promotions, products or services that you may be interested in from time to time. You can opt-out at any time via emailing us at email@example.com.
We may also carry out certain profiling of you and your activity in relation to our Services in order to send you more relevant marketing communications. This profiling will be undertaken based on your use of our Services.